Saturday, March 29, 2008

While I don't have much to say...

To those who were on the edge of their chairs, wanting to know about the paper due Friday that I was supposedly working on in my last post, I turned it in and it is good.

'Cause I know everyone was waiting to hear how that turned out.

Anyway, to business. I could talk about my crush on [that one dude] or [that other dude], or I could talk about [censored due to top secret content], but I NO! I must fulfill the quest that my dear friend Chilly has given me.

Okay, so it's not a quest. It's a little game. I have to grab a nearby book (great, I'm in my bedroom and surrounded by books) and turn to page 123, then write down the fifth sentence. Then I have to tag five people.

But it's not fun to do only one, so I think I'll do a few. Though I will limit myself to books I can reach without getting up.

Hmm. I can reach fewer than I thought.

Seven Daughters and Seven Sons by Barbara Cohen
"But what could he have to tell me?"

Triss by Brian Jacques
"He tried it, put the bowl down and bent double, making loud gasping noises."

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
"I never answer when I can help it."

Taggerung by Brian Jacques
"Young Broggle dug into his his apron pocket and produced a neatly wrapped package, tied with a fancy bow of chamomile stalk."

Beauty by Robin McKinley
"And then I remembered, and I opened my eyes, and I recognized the feel of fine linen under my cheek and fingers; and as memory returned, I realized what it was that had awakened me: the delicious, insidious smells of hot chocolate and buttered toast."

Mossflower by Brian Jacques
"What's next?"

Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
"People think it's a fortune, but they don't reckon on, well, it's not pensionable, there's all the medical expenses, you've got to buy and maintain your own gear-"

Rakkety Tam by Brian Jaques
"Tears dewed in his eyes for the unknown dangers she might be facing."

Okay, okay, I'll stop. You don't have to get so snippy about it! Sheesh.

Yellow
Uffish Thought
Optimistic.
Goober
ahem.

No comments: