Thursday, June 19, 2008

You Never Give Me Your Money

Hello, audience! Glad you're here tonight! I hope you're having a good time!

Could someone please call my sister
Who has tons of cash and owes me a favor or two
I'm really hurting for spending money.
There's a sale this weekend
At the Bookstore, and I just don't have enough
Books overflowing from my room's bookshelves

Please, I promise I will pay you back
And remember all those dinners I bought

Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better
Than giving me some cash so I can gather more books together.

I feel I must interject here
You're getting carried away imagining books you could buy
With all the money that, you know, is mine.
So let me remind you, sister,
That I might want to purchase some new books myself
And you bought new books last week with birthday money.

So just hand over my piggy bank
But I want more books! I don't have enough

Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better
Than giving me some cash so I can get more books together.
You have so many books that they are piled up on your carrel
But my room is quite bare and having more books would suit me well.

I admit that I have spent a lot
But I need to expand my library.
Sis, you're the one with the steady job
Let me use my money for me
Just for me.

Sung to Nothing Better by The Postal Service

No comments: