Thursday, September 25, 2008

OH THE TEETH THEY HURT

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

Little can be seen, as it is pretty darn dark. Faint light through thin fabric being used as a curtain is all we have. Every now and then we barely catch a movement from the bed.

Much creaking as one of the bed's occupants, a four-year-old girl rolls over and puts her arm around her 20-year-old sister.

LITTLE SISTER
Tell me a story.

BIG SISTER
(sigh) You tell me a story.

LITTLE SISTER
Once upon a time... there was a girl... name mommy... watched a movie... drove the car to the mall. And I couldn't go! Mommy said no! And I said I cried. And Lis came and put me in time-out.

There is a pause.

BIG SISTER
The end?

LITTLE SISTER
Tell me a story.

BIG SISTER
Adam and Eve and Pinch-me-quick went down to the river to bathe. Adam and Eve got drownded; who do you think was saved?

LITTLE SISTER
Adam and Eve.

BIG SISTER
No, it was Pinch-me-quick. But don't.

Little Sister shifts in the bed.

LITTLE SISTER
Tell me a story.

BIG SISTER
(sigh) Can't you just go to sleep? (pause) All right. One day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other; drew their swords and shot each other. Two deaf policemen, two blocks away, heard the noise and came to kill those two dead boys. If you don't believe my story is true, go ask the blind man. He saw it too. (pause) Now go to sleep.

No comments: