Sunday, July 13, 2008

Twister

Last night, after shedding anger and becoming light as a bubble, I made myself some gluten-free macaroni and cheese. While doing so, I suddenly shouted to my siblings and cousins that we should play Twister, a game that I have recently found myself enamored of.

Problem: by the time we had all eaten, and I had taken a shower, all my siblings under the age of 15 had been sent to bed. Also, Patsy had gone to bed 'cause he's smart like that, and Draik wasn't home yet. Also, my parent's door was open, and they had gone to bed, demanding that we be silent if we insisted on being awake.

Solution: well, before we got to the solution we had to do my hair. Which meant that I did my hair while my cousins watched Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged with me. Once all my hair was in curlers (and, luckily, my brother had come home again), it was time to tackle playing Twister while being absolutely silent.

"Too bad my room's a mess... we could play it there. It's right under mom and dad's room, but that's better than being just down the hall from their open door."

After some discussion, I came up with a great idea: play outside! Which meant we ended up at the end of the driveway in the light of a streetlight - or, we were in the light of the streetlight until it turned off. At which point we were in the dark until it turned on again. And then it would turn off.

This wasn't the only problem. Draik had brought a laptop out with him, and he somehow that that it was more important to chat than keep spinning, even when the three of us (myself and my two cousins) were yelling, half at him and half in pain, as we perched in our precarious positions. Our yells were even louder when cars would pass, because more often than not we were in positions that presented our rear ends to the road.

There was also the problem that I had: I could never win. Ever. Either the pain would be too much or I would lose my balance for no good reason.

After a good fifteen minutes of quick games, I begged out; Siri was with us and I knew she wouldn't go to bed until I went with her. I left my brother and cousins sitting on the Twister mat at the end of the driveway, discussing my brother's girl troubles.

As far as I know, my parents have no idea how we managed not to wake them while playing Twister last night. Somehow I don't think they'd much like the idea of us playing Twister at midnight at the end of the driveway.

No comments: