Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Getting Closer...

I'm so excited about NaNo! Still! I've been getting all my homework done so I won't have to do any frantic catch-ups in November, I'm wearing my NaNo shirts at every opportunity, and whenever anyone mentions the month of November I say something about NaNo.

Not everyone around me is as excited as I am, and that's okay with me. But even if you're not excited, wouldn't you like to support me? And in the process, support the wonderful Office of Letters and Light?

The Office of Letters and Light is a non-profit organization that runs NaNoWriMo and Script Frenzy, with adult and youth programs for each. They have a lending library - electronics they can send to NaNo writers so they can participate - and put together packages for classrooms so teachers will be able to help their students write a novel. They have also helped build libraries for children in Southeast Asia.

Oh, and one more thing - they're usually strapped for cash. Being a non-profit does that, I hear. They're not going to give up, and they certainly have the passion, and drive to make it work no matter what happens. But every little bit counts. I personally have been doing my best to help through donations during the months of November and April (Script Frenzy month), but as a student with a part-time job, a fondness for potato chips, and an addiction for buying books, there's only so much that I can do. On the other hand, considering how much I have done (over $200 dollars this year), I figure others can at least help a bit.

So I have set up a site where you, my dear dear friends and comrades all, can help OLL by donating. It is, of course, tax deductible and all that, and I can personally guarantee* that whoever donates will be happier, healthier, and more good looking. Also, I will love you. : D

So... go do that. Please... : )

Days to NaNoWriMo: 16



*I cannot, of course, guarantee this, but it's a nice thought, don't you think?

7 comments:

cspokey said...

I am close to donating. Hopefully next week I will. I know that this is an awesome thing. :^D

Unknown said...

I can't donate now, but maybe in coming years!

Thank you for showing this off! Both my best friend and I are awful tempted to write a book now....

Michele said...

Do it, Werf! Dooooo iiiiiiit!

Michele said...

And thanks, m&m!

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

Yay! Wooot! Go Bob!

I expect to see your novel in the New York Times Best Sellers list. Hazzah!!!

Michele said...

Thanks, Sam - I'd love for that to happen!

Goal for life: get on NYT Best Seller list.

Anonymous said...

I gave them ten dollars, because I'm poor and 25 was a bit steep. Yay for NaNoWriMo! I'm on track for my second day at least. 3421 words!